The vineyard was established back in 2007. 6,600 vines were planted on 7.5 acres of the farmland.
We have now planted 1,300 more of the Rondo grape, which loves its place here in the Nantlle Valley.
8 different types of vines have been planted:
Frühburgunder / early Pinot Noir
The Rondo grape crop in 2010 was the first to produce wine. In the October of that year family and friends set out to collect the grapes.
By the following Summer Pant Du Rondo red wine 2010 was ready to drink. The wine won an United Kingdom Vineyards Association (UKVA) bronze medal.
Then followed Pant Du Rondo red 2011; and Pant Du Rondo rosé 2012, which won the Welsh Vineyards Association, Wine Competition 2013.
We had white, rosé and red wine from our 2013 harvest for the first time
White - Light fresh aromatic dry white wine, very light pale in colour with a hint of elderflower on the nose. On the palate green apple with a touch of citrus and very clean on the finish. Well balanced in its acidity.
Red - Very light and fruity with a strong nose of red berry fruits. Low in tannin. Easy drinkable with great summer fruit flavours on the palate to finish.
Rose - A full flavoured Rose with a vibrant summer fruit and strong wild strawberries on the nose. Nice and light. Good balanced in its acidity with a touch of sweetness to finish.
- United Kingdom Vineyard Association Wine of the year 2012 - Bronze (Rondo 2010)
- Welsh Vineyard Association Wine Competition 2013 - Bronze (Rose 2012)
- Welsh Vineyard Association Wine Competition 2015 - Silver (Rose 2012)
- Welsh Vineyard Association Wine Competition 2015 - Bronze (White 2014)
- Welsh Vineyard Association Wine Competition 2015 - Bronze (Red 2014)